Перейти к контенту
Конференции клуба Родим и вырастим

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Oh........think i got the worst mark from you(can i type -u -please(and plz)????i would like to type abbreviations because i m always use it with my friends -and it s very comfortable to me(because my speed of typing is not fast)How about to speak in msn messenger(think u have it) my msn adress is-irina-demidova@hotmail.com,hope u will add me soon.As my page- i gave u wrong adress -that s correct:http://spaces.msn.com/demidova
hope u ll visit it(кстати, а где апостроф на клавиатуре и как его печатать:)???
One question^how can u rate my english by 10 markesd scale?

1292099[/snapback]

Well, I'm not here to give you "marks" :D ! So I couldn't have possibly given you "the worst mark"! I'm here to offer some help if you want it. If someone wants me to just talk to them without correcting their mistakes - I can do that too. So, I'm by no means judging and comparing.
As for typing, you can definitely do whatever you want, but I must tell you that (at least for me, and perhaps others will disagree) while it might be easier for you to type that way, it's quite hard to read what you write - I'm used to capitalized "I-s" punctuating the speech and making it easy to find the subject, so removing them already makes it less clear, plus you often omit punctuation, as well as spaces between sentences (plus a few typos). Maybe I'm just picky (we'll see what Kotya says when she comes), but I have A LOT of problems with my eye sight, and I appreciate things that are easy to read.
кстати, а где апостроф на клавиатуре и как его печатать:)???

On my keyboard, it's on the same key as "э". You don't need "shift" or anything, just that one key gives you " ' " when you switch to an English keyboard.
One question^how can u rate my english by 10 markesd scale?

Well, like I said, I'm not here to rate anyone. :D Besides, what's a 10? Is it "very good for a non-native speaker"? Is it "speaking like a native-speaker"? Also, native speakers can be different - your English might be as good as that of some teenage high school drop-out, but not nearly as good as the English of my university professor...
Then there's a question of background - depending on the time you spent learning English, I could rate the same fluency as 1 or 10 - 1 if you've been living in America for 10 years and still make mistakes in simple structures, or 10 if you've been taking classes for 2 months and already learned so much! So, everything is relative and I'd rather not label.
I can say, however, that your speech seems to be akin to your typing. :D You obviously have a pretty extended vocabulary and you are familiar with many structures, so your English is by no means bad, quite to the contrary, but then you write with typos and make silly mistakes (which, I have a feeling, you could EASILY avoid if you slowed down a little and took your time) that make your English seem "messier" than it really is! I think with a bit more rigor your English could improve dramatically!

Поделиться этим сообщением

Is your husband's English as good as yours? Where did he learn English? Does he use it at work? Do you guys both speak more of a "British" or "American" English?

Dear [/b]Talyana!
My husband graduated from one of the best English schools in Moscow, but , unfortunately,
he hadn't have practice for a long period of time. His profession has allmost nothing to do with English ( he is a teacher of Physics and Informatics).
After graduating from University he desided to go in for trade , where he continues to work till now. Working in a western company ( " Nestle " ) makes him use English from time to time, but he must admit that his knowledge level has become lower.
Of course it conserns, first af all , his vocabulary and grammar.
But his pronounciatins is extremely good and his confidence ( assurance ?) while he is speaking covers his mistakes in speech.
And I really like this feature of him!

:yess:
We both speak more of an " American " English
:new-russ::smexx:
I would better say , we TRY to speak more of an " American " English because you just didn't
hear what it looks like :secret: :

As to the shortcuts, I'd say that they spoil language, making it more poorly , abrupt and difficult to understand.
If you let me turn to the comparison, I would say that Talyna's language reminds me some patterns of classic music , and the reduced one seems for me having much in common with rap :)

Maybe I'm just picky

your speech seems to be akin to your typing

I liked his structures and want them to extend my vocabulary
:D
I have A LOT of problems with my eye sight

Take care, please!

Wow!!!
Juks is happily joining you and hoping to be of some help:)

Wow!!!
Juks is happily joining you and hoping to be of some help:)

1293766[/snapback]

Jukses (is that how you pluralize it??? :D ) are always welcome! As well as their expertise.

(we'll see what Kotya says when she comes)

1293664[/snapback]

Kotya is reading everything as a Big Brother, :D but just being extremely busy to write.
Well coming to the point, МамаКапризулькИ I can not disagree with talyana as these abbreviations do irristate my eye. People often use them in sms but just to be very short as the quantity of letters cost them money. We are here to practice not only vocabulary but spelling too. :morgalik: So please-please-please... use the right spelling. No exceptions for anyone!!! :nonoo: I may be a dragon here, :skalk: but it is a common practice - to put two teachers for the training course: one is very kind (like talyana is) and another is quite strict. And they complete each other. In no means do I not pretent to be the only teacher - I see that Куська and Juks* joined us! Welcome, my friends! :zdrya:

МамаКапризулькИ
As for your request to evaluate you on 10-grade scale. I wouldn't do that. But if you want I will evaluate you as a standard teacher on 5-grade scale:
vocabulary - 5
grammar - 4
spelling - 3.

Sounds encouraging, yah? :D Now you know exactly what you need to improve. :morgalik:

Sweetheart,
Welcome! :zdrya:
Where are you from?
Could you please tell us a bit about yourself? :aiaiai:

Knock, knock! May I come in? :dver:
I was fond of learning english in school and university, but I don't have opportunity to practice. Now I'm like a dog...can understand and can't say correctly:)

GLady,
You are most welcome! :zdrya:
Well, your language is pretty good.
Could you please introduce yourself? A brief story of what you are, where you are from... what you are doing nowadays - will be very interesting for everybody. And useful for yourself in terms of practice. :yess:

GLady,
Hello! I am as you I almost all words of these posts undestand, but something say is my problem.
Котя*
Where did you live before Australia? When did you go to this country? Was your son born in Singapur?

Good morning, girls!
Well, I'm from Moscow, stay at home now with my son.
If I have time ant opportunity I'd like to learn as many laguages as it possible {...to dream the impossible dream...©}. I studied german in school and in the 8 grade decided to study english...an did it! Then, for a couple of years studied italian. Now, unfortunatly, forgot almost everything, because have no practice but "Practice makes perfect ©".

4 (already!!) years ago I was in US as a camp couselor...It was a great time, I miss it much.

And now we go for a walk! See you later!

It's been a while since I wrote here, I apologize for the hiatus on my part! However, I hope other English-speakers will join us soon, as with the arrival of my baby I might not be able to stop by here quite so often.
In the meantime, I'll try to answer to everyone who's written here recently.

Nute*

His profession has allmost nothing to do with English ( he is a teacher of Physics and Informatics).

Oh, neat, my husband is also a future professor of Physics, back in college he majored in physics and minored in Computer Science.

desided to go
conserns

deCided and conCerns... It does tend to be confusing in Engish, with 2 different letters giving the "s" sound, but one hint might be that an "s" between 2 non-silent vowels is almost always pronounced as a "z" sound, rather than an "s" (as in the word "confuSing"). So, "decided" almost has to be spelled with a "c" rather than an "s", or it'd be pronounced "dezided", and we don't want that... I'm sure it was just a common typo, but I thought I'd bring it up...

But his pronounciation is extremely good and his confidence ( assurance ?) while he is speaking covers his mistakes in speech.

Confidence is a better word choice here.
If you let me turn to the comparison, I would say that Talyna's language reminds me some patterns of classic music , and the reduced one seems for me having much in common with rap

First, a note: seems (to me) to have... is the correct structure here, 2 "to-s" sound a little redundant, so I'd omit the first one altogether.

Thank you! :D

(this is not addressed to Nute* specifically, just going back to our discussion of what kind of language we should be using here):
And there is nothing wrong with rap, some people like that more than classical music, but rap is in many ways harder to understand than regular English, because of abbreviations, slang, cultural references, accents, etc. I still cannot understand most rap songs when I hear them. What's more, my husband, who's a native speaker, often cannot understand them either! So, in order to ever understand rap (or any other non-standard variation of the language), it often helps to master the standard language first, which is why I'm very keen on keeping the English we use here and now "clean" in that regard.

Пожалуйста, авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Вы сможете оставлять комментарии после авторизации

Войти